Sunday, April 6, 2014

Prom 2014 Makeup!


Started off with a manicure and pedicure! I went with a classic French Manicure with a rine-stoned accent nail and a pinky-coral, Pansy by Essie, on my toes to match my dress!


Prom was so much fun, I went with two of my best friends, Kathryn and Grace, so it was a super fun girly weekend! I did both of theirs' makeup, so I'll show you exactly what I used! :)

Kathryn, before:






On Katherine, I did a soft bronzy eye, that I amped up with some false lashes. I also added some sparkle to compliment her tiara! ;) On her cheeks, I did a little bit of bronzing and did bright peachy pink cheek and light peachy pink lip with a shimmery gold gloss! 
1. I started off by applying Nars Pro Prime Eye Primer to make sure her eyeshadow lasts all night through prom and to make sure it appears vibrant. 
2. I always like to start with a matte nude blending, like Urban Decay's Naked, to blend through the crease and brow bone.
3. Next, I applied a light gold champagne shadow, Mac All That Glitters, all over her lid.
4. I applied Mac Woodwinked, a deep metallic bronze,on the outer half of her lid to add some depth. I also used a pencil brush to run it along her lower lash line. The strong gold really made her green eyes pop!
5. I deepened up the eyes by applying Mac Espresso Eyeshadow  in a "V" shape on the outer corner and slightly into the crease. I used a small smudge brush to also put some lightly on the lower lash line (mainly on the outer corner).
6. For eyeliner- I used Rimmel's ScandalEyes eyeliner in Brown (which has a beautiful bronze shimmer in it) all alond her upper lash line to stick to the warm color family. I didn't want to use black because I thought it would look too harsh with her coloring and the look I was going for. I smudged it out and went over it with the Espresso color to created a soft diffused liner. I also applied the brown liner in her waterline, to create a "smokier" effect in a soft way.
7. I highlighted the inner corners of her eyes with the Loreal Infallible eyeshadow in Iced Latte to add some brightness to her eyes! This is one of my all time favorite shadows for this!
8. Next I applied mascara, and some Ardell individual false lashes. They add drama to the look, but look super natural!
9. I lightly filled in her brows with Anastasia Brow Powder.
10. For foundation I used Makeup Forever HD foundation (It photographs really well) and applied it with a damp Beauty Blender. I applied Kat Von D concealer, and set everything with Makeup Forever HD Translucent Setting Powder.
11. I added a little bit of Nars Laguna Bronzer to warm up her complexion.
12. I applied a generous amount of Illamasqua Tremble  blush on the apples of her cheeks.
13. I highlighted her cheekbones with Mac's Mineralize SkinFinish in Soft and Gentle.
14. For lips I used Loreal's Julliane's Nude (limited edition) and Rimmel's Stay Glossy lipgloss in Non-Stop Glamour.
15. And lastly, I set her makeup with Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray!






Grace doesn't usually wear much makeup, she keeps it simple with a little brown liner and mascara- so I really wanted to surprise her with a really glamorous look! I decided to go with a soft borne smokey eye (the warm colors would contrast/compliment her turquoise dress) with some soft but strong black liner on the top. She usually doesn't wear a full face of foundation, so I had fun perfecting her already beautiful skin. I kept the cheeks glowy with a shimmery peach blush, and finished with a beautiful peach lip!
1. 1. I started off by applying Nars Pro Prime Eye Primer to make sure her eyeshadow lasts all night through prom and to make sure it appears vibrant. 
2. Again, I always like to start with a matte nude blending, like Urban Decay's Naked, to blend through the crease and brow bone.
3. I applied Mac Woodwinked all over lid, packing it on with a flat brush for a concentrated affect.
4. I added some depth by applying Mac's Bronze on the outer half of the lid. I also applied it all along  the lower lash line.
5. I deepened up the eyes by applying Mac Espresso Eyeshadow in a "V" shape on the outer corner and slightly into the crease. I used a small smudge brush to also put some lightly on the lower lash line (mainly on the outer corner).
6. For eyeliner- I used Rimmel's ScandalEyes eyeliner in Black on the top. I drew a pretty thick line than lightly blended it out with a smudge brush. I also used the same liner in Brown (which has a beautiful bronze shimmer in it) and applied it to her waterline, to create a "smokier" effect in a soft way. 
7. I highlighted the inner corners of her eyes with the Loreal Infallible eyeshadow in Iced Latte to add some brightness to her eyes! 
8. Next I applied two coats of mascara!
9. I lightly filled in her brows with Anastasia Brow Powder.
10. For foundation I used Makeup Forever HD foundation (It photographs really well) and applied it with a damp Beauty Blender. I applied Kat Von D concealer, and set everything with Makeup Forever HD Translucent Setting Powder.
11. I added a little bit of Nars Laguna Bronzer to warm up her complexion. And also contoured her cheek bones by applying a matte bronzer, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, to the hollows of her cheekbones, around the chin, and temples.
12. I applied Milani's Luminoso Baked Blush on her cheeks, for a soft peachy glow.
13. I highlighted her cheekbones with Mac's Mineralize SkinFinish in Soft and Gentle.
14. For lips I used Revlon's Colorburst Lipstick in Peach. (which I believe is discontinued, but Mac's Ravishing is very similar!)
15. And lastly, I set her makeup with Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray!




On myself, I wanted to also do a soft bronzey eye look but do a brighter lip and cheek that matched the color of my dress!

1. I started off by applying Nars Pro Prime eyeshadow primer.
2. First, I applied Shimmering Buff, from the Tarte BamBeautiful Quad, all over my lid.
3. Using the Urban Decay Original Naked Palette- I applied Naked through the crease/brow bone as a transition color.
4. Next I applied Buck in the crease to define my eyes.
5. I applied Smog, a shimmery bronze, and the outer half of my eye, and also on the lower lash line.
6. Back to the Tarte BamBeautiful palette- applied the dark matte brown in the outer corners. I applied it pretty heavily because I wanted the look to stay light on the lid, but still have some darkness and depth to it. I also applied it on the outer part of the lower lash line.
7. I applied Rimmel's ScandalEyes liner in Black very close to my upper lash line, and smudged it out.
8. Next I applied mascara, and added some Ardell Individual False Lashes.
9. I highlighted my inner corners with Loreal Iced Latte.
10. For foundation, I applied the same thing I used on Grace and Kathryn. :)
11. I filled in my eyebrows with Anastasia Brow Powder and enhanced the arch/shape more with Maybelline's Define-a-Brow pencil. (I like a stronger brow!)
12. I added a tiny bit of Nars Laguna Bronzer just around the outside of my face to warm up my complexion.
13. I used Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful (a bright matte coral) high on the back of my cheeks and applied Illamasqua's Tremble on the apples.
14. I highlighted my cheekbones with Mac Soft and Gentle.
15. For lips I used Chatter Box Lipstick by Mac. It was the perfect bright pink with a coral undertone to match my dress!
16. Lastly, I finished by setting my makeup with Urban Decay All Nighter!




Next morning breakfast! :)


And some super sleepy yoga ;)


Hope you guys enjoyed! Follow me on Instagram for more pictures @beautyandbananas!
XoXo, Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment