Monday, June 16, 2014

Funfetti Protein Waffles


The classic sprinkle phenomenon now in a healthy protein packed breakfast. You can thank me later. ;)

This morning I made my usual protein waffles (I stick to a pretty basic recipe but sometimes tweak it a little) and decided I wanted some sprinkles. Because sprinkles are the spice of life. Am I right?

Funfetti Protein Waffles
(Serves 1)
1 scoop vanilla protein  powder
1/3 cup oats *
1 Tbs. coconut flour**
1/2 banana
3 Tbs. egg whites (2 egg whites)
1/4 cup almond milk
 1/8 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp. sprinkles***

1. Blend the oats to make oat flour.
2. Add other ingredients (except sprinkles) and blend until a smooth batter.
3. Fold in sprinkles.
4. Pour into the hot waffle maker and let it cook until ready!
5. I topped mine with the other half of banana, drizzled peanut butter, and sugar free Walden Farms pancake syrup. (You could also use pure maple syrup or honey) Oh man.... 

*I you can't have oats, or want a lower carb option, simply add an extra tablespoon if coconut flour. 

** Don't have any coconut flour? Simply use 1/2 cup oats instead of 1/3 cup. :)

***Disclaimer: I know sprinkles are not healthy, and have artificial colors. But a teaspoon will do you no harm! Haha if your very concerned, you can by the overpriced organic sprinkles at Whole Foods...

****I didn't have any, but I think adding a 1/4 tsp. of butter extract would really make these taste like classic funfetti cake! Oooooo....

Enjoy!
Xoxo, Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment