Wednesday, August 26, 2015

TIPS FOR A CLEAN AND ORGANIZED MAKEUP COLLECTION



So this week, I have been de-cluttering my entire room and I decided to start with... my makeup vanity. I keep all my "everyday favorites" in the big middle drawer of my vanity in a drawer organizer. Mine had gotten pretty dirty, so I decided it was time for a new one!

I found this great desk drawer organizer at Target for only $6.99! I couldn't believe the price, because it is so sturdy and well made.

I cleaned out the old organizer, sanitized all makeup, and re-organzied all my favorite products. Below are before/after pictures and all my tips and tricks for a clean and organized makeup collection. 


Tips For An Organized & Clean Makeup Collection:

GET ORGANIZED:

Being organized makes is so much simpler to see your products and get ready without the hassle. 

1. HAVE AN "EVERY DAY SECTION"

Whether it's a single drawer organizer like mine, or a makeup bag full of essentials, have a spot to keep just your key products. This will make it much easier on an every day basis to find your favorites, and speed up your routine. 

2. PUT WON'T YOU DON'T USE DAILY AWAY

I put what I like to call "special occasion" products, in other drawers. Such as fancy eyeshadow palettes, bright lip colors, glitter, and false lashes. These may be products I still love, I just don't use them on a daily basis. 

3. CATEGORIES

Have some sort of system. It can be different for everyone, but for example: I keep cheek products together, eyeliners/mascara together, my every day eyeshadows together, and concealers/foundations/face products together. This divided desk organizer makes it super easy!

GET CLEAN:

People often don't realize just how much bacteria cosmetics carry!!! A few simple steps can keep your makeup clean and last longer.

1. RUBBING ALCHOL

Buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol (only costs a few dollars) and put it in a small spray bottle (found in travel section of any drugstore or Target). Use it to sanitize any makeup product, especially eyeliners, lipsticks and cream products. You don't have to do this everyday but I like to do it periodically as I use the product. (Once or twice a week)

2. PAPER TOWELS ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND

I keep a roll of paper towels on my vanity. I put one down on the table when I do my makeup to keep the surface of the table clean and I use one to wipe makeup off my hands. If you ever blend foundation in with your fingers, this will help avoid getting makeup finger prints all over everything else around you!

3. HAVE A DIRTY BRUSH CUP

I like to wash my makeup brushes pretty often, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with which ones are clean and dirty. I put any really dirty brushes in their own cup so they don't get mixed in with the clean ones. This makes it quick and easy to choose a brush to use, and helps me keep up with when I need to clean my brushes.


BEFORE:

In three words: A. HOT. MESS.




AFTER:

Clean. Simplified. Organized. 




So those are my tips to get clean and organized when it comes to your makeup! I hope you found this helpful and it inspires you to clean out your collection! 
XoXo,
Stephanie

Connect With Me!

Instagram:

Twitter:

Email:




No comments:

Post a Comment