A Healthy take on a Chinese food classic!
Quinoa Fried Rice
- 1 serving cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup frozen mixed veggies, steamed (peas,carrot,corn,green beans,)
- red bell pepper, sliced or chopped (optional)
- 1-2 whole eggs, or whites if you like
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- For optional flavor: Add a little Organic Tamari Soy Sauce or Bragg's Liquid Aminos (lower sodium option) for a traditional flavor.
- Heat oil over medium in a pan.
- Add veggies, and saute for a couple minutes.
- Add quinoa and stir.
- Crack the eggs on top. Slightly break up the yolk. Let them sit for a couple minutes to cook, before you stir the whole thing, so they don't make the quinoa soggy. Once they start to cook and look a little like scrambled egg, break them up and stir with quinoa and veggies.
- Add your soy sauce or prefferred spices.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!