Monday, March 7, 2016

SPRING STYLE: 3 OUTFITS from 2 FLORAL Pieces!



Hey guys! Spring is quickly approaching us and this warmer weather is getting me so excited to break out flowy skirts and pretty florals! Recently I picked up this matching floral crop top and maxi skirt set from Forever 21. Here's the simple matching version of the top and skirt... it's like wearing a dress but not. 



Not only did I think they were cute worn together, I thought it was such a great deal because I could wear the top with a different bottom or the skirt with a different top. You basically get three outfits in one! These pieces are so versatile that they can go from work, to a casual date, to a dressy night out. Shoutout to my awesome boyfriend Hayden for taking some awesome pictures! It was hard to decide which ones to use! 😘 Let's see some outfits! 


LOOK #1: WORK IT



This first outfit is something I would wear to work, or maybe even school (on a dressier day). When we shot this blogpost I actually did come straight from work in this outfit! Keeping' it real y'all. And I'll let you know it was boss approved. 👍😎 I layered some black tights underneath the skirt, since the slit is so high, to make it more work/school appropriate. I layered a high neck black lace bralette under a white crop top. I love the pop of lace that is still conservative. For shoes I kept it cute but comfy with some wedge booties. I tied in some military style with an army green/leather jacket and a coordinating backpack! Perfect for hauling around school & work supplies!

White Crop Tank: Brandy Melville / Black Bralette: Aerie / Jacket: American Eagle (old, similar here) / Backpack: Urban Outfitters / Sunglasses: Similar here / Bracelets: Bournon & Bowties / Phone case: Bando / Black tights: Target / Shoes: Target 








LOOK #2: DRIVING 'ROUND IN DENIM



This next outfit is the most casual of the three! Simple but flirty, this look is perfect for a casual date, driving around town and exploring some new places! I paired the original floral top with a pair of simple light wash high waisted skinnies and black heel booties. For a more walking friendly option (trust me those heels on the train track- not my brightest idea) try a pair of flat boots or sneakers! 

Top: Forever 21 / Jeans: American Eagle / Faux Suede Booties: Forever 21 / Bracelets: Bourbon & Bowties







LOOK 3: ALL DRESSED UP



The last outfit, is back to just the original top and skirt- together like they were meant to be! I love a monochromatic look, and I love how wearing a matching top and skirt give the feel of a dress with something a little different. I paired this look with some black chunky wedges that balance out the soft floral print. I added my favorite cross body clutch, perfect for a night out. This is something I'd wear for a fancy date or night time event!


Top & Skirt: Forever 21, as mentioned 😉 / Wedges: Micheal Kors /  Crossbody bag: BelleandBlush / Pom pom: Brandy Melville (only $5) / Bracelets: Bourbon & Bowties 





Makeup:

Foundation: Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation / Concealer (Brightener): Makeup Forever Ultra HD Concealer in R22 / Concealer: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer / Bronzer: Nars Laguna / Blush: Nars Madly / Highlight: Becca Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfecter / Eyeshadow: Becca Ombre Rouge Palette / False Lahes: Ardell Individual Medium / Lipliner: Kevyn Aucoin Minimal / Lipstick: Lipstick Queen Pinky Nude Sinner










Thank you all so much for stopping by my blog! I hope this post helped show you that you can wear one to two pieces so many different ways, and for very different occasions. I love how affordable and versatile this top and skirt are, and it's something that anyone can rock this spring. Let me know what look was your fav! 
Xoxo,
Steph






No comments:

Post a Comment