Need a healthy version of a burger and fries?? This post is for you! ;)
One of my favorite meals to make (and prep for leftovers) are turkey burgers! They're so easy and a great source of protein. I'm going to show you my favorite healthy way to enjoy them! I also love sweet potatoes, and making them roasted is my current favorite! This meal is totally paleo too! Basically meaning- it's made from simple ingredients, and dairy and grain free :)
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Coconut Oil
- Chili powder
- Sea Salt
- Garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees
- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes or wedges and place into a baking pan.
- Add a spoonful of coconut oil (I don't measure! It's so healthy for you!)
- Add spices and toss the potatoes
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- 1 lb. of lean ground turkey (I used 98% lean today, but 90% is a little tastier, but just a little more fat)
- seasonings of choice
- Season the turkey
- Shape into 4-6 patties (depending on how big you want them)
- Cook in a sprayed pan (each side for 4-5 minutes or until browned)
- 2-3 zuchinis and yellow squash sauteed in coconut oil with sea salt and pepper!
Time for Toppings!!!
I have to have avocado on my turkey burgers. Especially since I skipped the cheese, avocado will add a huge dose of flavor while being a healthy fat! :)
Skip the Bun!
When you eat real, wholesome delicious food, there's really no need for a processed white hamburger bun. I promise you won't miss it! :) I placed two small turkey patties on romaine leaves and topped them with organic ketchup and mustard.
So there you go! A healthy way to enjoy a burger and fries! This is such a great balanced meal. It has protein, complex carbs, veggies and some healthy fat. I like to keep the turkey patties in the fridge for easy meals during the week. You can eat them in so many ways! :)
I hope you guys enjoyed this quick recipe! Let me know what other things you'd like to see me make!