Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lemon Zest Blueberry Waffles


Good morning! Today I thought I'd share one of my favorite combos! I made these a little while ago but I will definitely be making them this week! I love lemon pound cake and blueberry lemon muffins, but I have a much healthier alternative that still tastes amazing! Lemon zest blueberry protein waffles! 

Lemon Zest Blueberry Waffles:
(serves 1)
  • 1 scoop perfect fit protein
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 Tbs. ground flaxseed 
  • 2 Tbs. almond milk
  • cinnamon (optional)
  • Zest and juice of one fresh lemon
  • 1/4 cup blueberries 
230 cal, 23 g protein, 26 g carbs, 3.2 g fat

Combine all ingredients and cook in a waffle maker for a few minutes, or until ready! You could also make these into pancakes! I topped mine with some blackberries, a sprinkle of stevia and a drizzle of honey! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment