Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sephora VIB/Ulta Haul! + First Impressions

Hey guys! I recently picked up a few things from the Sephora VIB Friends and Family Sale, as well as a few things from Ulta... So I thought I'd show you what I purchased and my thoughts on the products! Maybe it will give you some ideas for the holidays!

1. Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-Up









Lets just say...I absolutely love this powder! It has very good coverage and can be used as a setting powder or a powder foundation. It's meant to be buildable- so it you use a fluffier brush it will go on sheer and a denser, buffing brush will give a fuller coverage. I got it in the color Petal and it matches my skin pretty perfectly. It gives such a smooth finish to my skin and sits so nicely on top of liquid or cream foundations. It gives me just a little extra coverage and my skin has never looked so flawless. It also keeps oil at bay nicely throughout the day. It comes with a brush and sponge, as well as a built in mirror, so it's perfect for touch-ups on the go!

2. Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo in No.3




I've been looking for good, opaque and creamy nude lip color that was just right... And I think this color is it! It's a nude peach-pink that doesn't wash out my light/medium skin tone. The formula is a semi-matte, very pigmented finish. It pretty creamy, and minimally drying. I love then pencil form for easy application too! Definitely a must for winter smokey eyes....

3. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray






This is a holy-grail product for me. This was probably the fourth or fifth time I've repurchased All Nighter. It makes my makeup last all day without smudging, cracking, fading, or looking cakey! It gives such a soft natural finish to your foundation, and just makes everything look so smooth. I notice such a difference when I don't have it in my makeup arsenal!

4. Real Techniques Core Collection Brush Set







Real Techniques is one of my favorite brush lines. They are affordable and amazing quality! I love that their synthetic, meaning their cruelty free and you can use them with powder or cream products. I use the buffing brush for foundation, and it perfectly blends out thicker cream foundations with a airbrushed natural finish. The contour brush is the perfect size for, well of course, contouring! It fits perfectly under my cheekbone and makes it so easy to add dimension to the face! I haven't used the foundation brush yet, but I think I'll use it for applying concealer in large areas before I blend it out. Lastly is the detailer brush. It's perfect for spot concealing blemishes, applying lipstick, or cleaning up around the lip line with concealer. The brush holder also doubles as a brush stand!

5. Essence Silk Touch Blush in Life's a Cherry







I love the Essence blushes! They are so pigmented and smooth and only about two dollars! I picked up the new color Life's a Cherry because it looked like a fun candy apple blush color for the winter! It kind of gives that "just been out in the cold" naturally flushed look. A little goes a long way!

6. Revlon Colorburst Laquer Balm in Demure





I'm a big fan of the Revlon Balm Stains, so I was super excited to try these! I got the color Demure which is a perfect natural light pink. It has a glossy finish and a balmy texture. It wore a little unevenly on my lips throughout the day, but I still loooove the color!

I hope you enjoyed this quick haul and reviews and let me know what new products you've tried lately!
XoXo,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment