A yummy, and healthy, take on two of my child hood favorites... french toast and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
French Toast Pb&J
- 2 slices of Ezekiel bread (or your favorite healthy bread)
- 1/3 cup egg whites (2 eggwhites)
- splash of almond milk
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbs. natural peanut butter (I like crunchy for this recipe!)
- 1 Tbs. organic jelly of choice (I used blueberry)
- optional: add banana slices :)
- Assemble sandwich: Spread peanut butter on one side, jelly on the other, and layer banana slices. Stick 'em together. ;) Easy enough.
- Whisk together egg whites, almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Dip the sandwhich in the batter and let soak on each side for a moment.
- Cook in a pan (I sprayed mine with coconut oil spray) like for a a few minutes each side.
- Done! Slice in half and enjoy! Maple syrup dipping is optional... ;)