We're already deep into the season of the pumpkin obsession, so I wanted to share with you one of favorite healthy pumpkin bread recipes! Growing up my would make pumpkin cranberry bread, and it was and still is one of my favorite baked treats around the holidays. But, I wanted to have a healthier version I could enjoy all the time without a second thought! This version is paleo- so its' grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free. It's made with all whole, unprocessed ingredients that you can feel good about putting into your body. The recipe is low carb and higher in healthy fats, which is not a bad thing! I used a mix of coconut palm sugar (a low glycemic sweetener that has a similar taste to brown sugar) and stevia (zero calorie natural sweetener) for just the right amount of sweetness without tons of sugar. The cranberries give a tart punch and the pecans add a little crunch. It pairs perfect with a cup of coffee, hot tea, or glass of almond milk! I had my family taste this and they said they could not tell the difference between it and my mom's signature recipe!
Paleo Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
(makes 1 loaf)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup stevia
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup cranberries (raw)
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- Pre heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl. (eggs, egg whites, pumpkin, almond milk, vanilla, coconut oil)
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. (flours, spices, baking soda/powder, stevia, coconut sugar, and sea salt). Whisk well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, mix very well.
- Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into an 8x5 pan (lined with parchment paper or greased with coconut oil)
- Sprinkle a little extra coconut sugar on the top for a crystalized coating on top!
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Nutriton facts: don't need em' cuz calories don't measure how healthy it is. ;)
Hope you give it a try!