Hey guys! Today I'm going to show you how to make one of my all time favorite breakfasts- egg & avocado toast. I'm sure you've seen a ton of egg & avocado that pics on Instagram, so this may be nothing new- but I wanted to show you my take on it! It's such a good balanced breakfast because it contains complex carbs from the whole grain toast (I use Ezekiel bread, which is minimally processed), protein from the eggs, and healthy fats from the avocado (and the egg yolks!) Not to mention, it's full of flavor! I think my secret is in the spices... I crave this combo so much that I literally don't go more than a few days without it. It combines a lot of my favorite foods: avocado, serrate and runny eggs. Yum. Wanna see how to make it? Keep on reading!
Egg & Avocado Toast
2 pieces of whole grain bread
1/2 an avocado
2 eggs (or egg whites)
pink sea salt
1. Heat a pan sprayed with a little non-stick spray, or use a drop of coconut oil
2. Crack the eggs into the pan. (I used 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites)
3. While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread.
4. When the bread is toasted, mash the avocado with a fork and spread on each piece of toast.
5. Add sea salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of cumin.
6. Drizzle with sriracha (if you like it spicy!)
7. When the eggs are done cooking (I like my yolk runny, so much more flavor and toast dipping..) place on top of the mashed avocado toast and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Let me know if you try out this healthy breakfast recipe! You can follow my health & fitness Instagram @bananabalancedfit for more daily food ideas! Love y'all!Xoxo,Steph