Saturday, October 11, 2014

Banana Walnut French Toast


Everyone likes french toast right? How about a healthy yet still delicious version? Yep, I got you covered. ;)

I've posted how to make a healthy French toast before, but recently I tried this banana walnut combo, and I fell in love. It takes french toast from "basic" to "bam!".  And it only takes 10 minutes to make. Here's How To:

Ingredients:
(serves 1)
  • 2 slices of a healthy bread (I used organic sprouted Ezekiel bread- you could sub for gluten free if needed)
  • 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
  • 2 Tbs. almond milk
  • vanilla stevia drops (I use SweetLeaf)
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 a banana, sliced
  • 2 Tbs. walnuts
Instructions
  1. Whisk together egg whites, almond milk, cinnamon and stevia. 
  2. Dip the bread into the mixture and let it soak in on each side.
  3. Heat up a pan with bit of coconut oil or cooking spray, and cook the bread for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
  4. Top with banana slices, walnuts, and maple syrup! (I used a sugar free syrup from Walden Farms, but you could also use real, pure maple syrup)
  5. Enjoy!
 I hope you guys try out this french toast recipe! Let me know if you like it and tag me on Instagram @beautyandbananas and use the hashtag #beautyfood!

Lots of Love, 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment