Everyone likes french toast right? How about a healthy yet still delicious version? Yep, I got you covered. ;)
I've posted how to make a healthy French toast before, but recently I tried this banana walnut combo, and I fell in love. It takes french toast from "basic" to "bam!". And it only takes 10 minutes to make. Here's How To:
- 2 slices of a healthy bread (I used organic sprouted Ezekiel bread- you could sub for gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 2 Tbs. almond milk
- vanilla stevia drops (I use SweetLeaf)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 a banana, sliced
- 2 Tbs. walnuts
- Whisk together egg whites, almond milk, cinnamon and stevia.
- Dip the bread into the mixture and let it soak in on each side.
- Heat up a pan with bit of coconut oil or cooking spray, and cook the bread for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Top with banana slices, walnuts, and maple syrup! (I used a sugar free syrup from Walden Farms, but you could also use real, pure maple syrup)
Lots of Love,