Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pumpkin Blueberry Protein Pancakes


This is one of my favorite protein pancake recipes! Pumpkin and blueberry are just amazing together!
This recipe is the same as my Mini Coconut Flour Pancakes, except using pumpkin instead on banana. Protein pancakes are great healthy alternative to the super sugary, carb loaded breakfast favorite. Trust me, you will not miss them once you have this recipe in your life! Here's how to make them:

Ingredients
(serves 1)
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used Perfect Fit)
  • 2 Tbs. coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
Instructions
  1. Whisk together your wet ingredients: egg whites, pumpkin and almond milk.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix the protein powder, coconut flour, baking soda and spices. (You could really just be lazy and blend all the ingredients in a blender. I usually do that. Lol)
  3. Now stir in your "flour" mixture to the wet mixture. Stir in the blueberries.
  4. Cook on medium low heat, a few minutes each side. Be careful when flipping!
  5. Add toppings of choice! I used walnuts (healthy fats! great for your skin!) and Walden Farms maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts: (not including walnut topping)
  • 239 calories
  • 3 g fat
  • 22 g carbs
  • 10 g fiber
  • 28 g protein 
  • 7 g sugar

I hope you enjoy this pancake recipe! Let me know if you try it out by tagging me on Instagram @beautyandbananas and use the hashtag #beautyfood!

Lots of Love, 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment