Monday, May 25, 2015

Healthy Paleo Turkey Burgers and Sweet Potato Wedges

Need a healthy version of a burger and fries?? This post is for you! ;)
One of my favorite meals to make (and prep for leftovers) are turkey burgers! They're so easy and a great source of protein. I'm going to show you my favorite healthy way to enjoy them! I also love sweet potatoes, and making them roasted is my current favorite! This meal is totally paleo too! Basically meaning- it's made from simple ingredients, and dairy and grain free :)

Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges:
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Coconut Oil
  • Cumin
  • Chili powder
  • Sea Salt
  • Garlic powder
  1. Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees 
  2. Cut sweet potatoes into cubes or wedges and place into a baking pan.
  3. Add a spoonful of coconut oil (I don't measure! It's so healthy for you!)
  4. Add spices and toss the potatoes
  5. Bake for 30-40 minutes






















Turkey Burgers:

  • 1 lb. of lean ground turkey (I used 98% lean today, but 90% is a little tastier, but just a little more fat)
  • seasonings of choice
  1. Season the turkey 
  2. Shape into 4-6 patties (depending on how big you want them)
  3. Cook in a sprayed pan (each side for 4-5 minutes or until browned)












Sautéed Zucchini:

  • 2-3 zuchinis and yellow squash sauteed in coconut oil with sea salt and pepper!






Time for Toppings!!!
I have to have avocado on my turkey burgers. Especially since I skipped the cheese, avocado will add a huge dose of flavor while being a healthy fat! :)





























Skip the Bun! 
When you eat real, wholesome delicious food, there's really no need for a processed white hamburger bun. I promise you won't miss it! :) I placed two small turkey patties on romaine leaves and topped them with organic ketchup and mustard.























So there you go! A healthy way to enjoy a burger and fries! This is such a great balanced meal. It has protein, complex carbs, veggies and some healthy fat. I like to keep the turkey patties in the fridge for easy meals during the week. You can eat them in so many ways! :)




I hope you guys enjoyed this quick recipe! Let me know what other things you'd like to see me make!
XoXo, 
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I love putting cinnamon and Stevia on my sweet potatoes. YUM.

    ReplyDelete