Ready for Christmas cookies? I know I am! I love Gingerbread cookies so I made these Raw cookie bites! They are just like Lara Bars, if you're familiar with those, one of my favorite snacks! Dates and nuts are one of the most famous raw vegan desert combos, they create the perfect chewy texture! This recipe is great because it's so simple and no bake! The base is always dates and nuts so you can always tweak for endless flavor options! Dates are often called "Natures Candy", so you know these are naturally sweet! These are a perfect healthy treat or even a great, to bring to a holiday party, or even a quick pre workout snack!
Gingerbread Cookie Bites
Recipe adapted from Southern in Law
Makes 6-10 bites
- 2/3 dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup oats (use gluten free if needed or substitute shredded coconut)
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 Tbs. water, as needed
1. In a food processor, first chop up your dates. It may take a few minutes since their so chewy.
2. Add in your oats, almonds, pecans, and spices and process until the mix begins to form a "clump". It will be powdery at first, but just keep blending, just keep blending....
3. If your mix is too try, simply add in some water - just a couple of drops at a time.
4. Remove the mixture from the processor and form into balls.
5. Roll in crushed almonds or shredded coconut for garnish and a little extra texture!
6. Place into a container to chill.
Eat within a week, stored in the fridge or store in the freezer to keep for longer.