Pumpkin and chocolate are two of my favorite flavors, so when their put into one recipe - I get pretty excited... This protein waffle is so fluffy and delicious, they don't even taste "healthy"! It's packed with protein and potassium, the perfect post workout breakfast! It tastes like dessert for breakfast, and who doesn't love that?
- 1 scoop of protein powder of choice (I use vanilla Perfect Fit)
- 1/2 a banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 egg whites (or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites)
- Cinnamon (who measures that anyway?)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
- 1 Tbs. dark chocolate chips (I use these vegan ones by Enjoy Life Foods!)
- pinch of baking soda
- * If the batter is too thick, thin it out with a little almond milk.
2. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Pour into your waffle maker (make sure it's sprayed with cooking spray) and wait for the magic to happen!
4. Top with choice of toppings. Maple syrup, honey, peanut butter... I used maple almond butter!
* This recipe is similar to my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake recipe! :)