This pancake recipe is pretty basic, but I topped it with a simple berry compote that totally takes it to the next level! I also added some oats to this batch make em' a lil' more filling for some extra fuel! ;)
Berry Vanilla Oat Protein Pancakes
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Perfect Fit)
- 1/2 a mashed banana
- 2 egg whites
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Blend the oats in a food processor until they reach a powder consistency. Now you have oat flour!
- You can hand mix in the other ingredients, but since I already had the processor out, I saved a little time and blended the remaining ingredients in.
- Spray a pan with a little natural cooking spray (I use Trader Joe's coconut oil spray) and spoon the batter into the pan. Make them as big or mini as you like! I made about 5 small pancakes.
- Let cook for a few minutes each side. Top with the berry compote!
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh berries
- Microwave for 30 seconds or until the berries start to become a little sauce-y.
- That's it! It's like the berry syrups without all the added nasty ingredients and sugar! And it tastes way better!