My favorite cake of all time has to be carrot cake....so when I'm craving something warm and sweet in the morning I love making some carrot cake oatmeal. It's super easy and definitely reminds me of carrot cake! It's warming and comforting and it's perfect for a chilly morning!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled (aka old fashioned) oats
- 1 cup water (or almond milk)
- 1/3 cup shredded/grated carrot (about 1 medium carrot)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (which is just a mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. raisins
- Topping Ideas: banana slices, almond butter, walnuts, shredded coconut, drizzle of honey
- First let's cook the oatmeal! Bring water to a boil, add oats, reduce to medium heat, and let cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally so they don't overflow...
- When the oats are almost done, add the spices, vanilla, most of your carrot, and raisins. Stir well.
- When the oats are done, transfer in to a bowl and add the toppings!