I love this chocolate pudding for a healthy dessert, post workout snack or even breakfast! It's fully of protein, fiber, and it's totally sugar free! Chia seeds are a great source of omega-3s and help keep you energized and full! It's so easy to make, I love to have a couple ready in my fridge. I hope you enjoy this chocolate treat!
Chocolate Chia Protein Pudding
- 1-2 Tbs. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. unsweetened or raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop of a plant based protein powder (I used chocolate Perfect Fit)
- 1 tsp. cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- dash of cinnamon, optional
- a few drops of organic liquid stevia (if needed)
1. Mix all ingredients, except the almond milk, in a small bowl or glass.
2. Pour in milk and stir well.
3. Let the pudding sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, or until the chia seeds start to absorb the liquid and the pudding thickens up.
4. Sprinkle with extra cacao nibs and enjoy!
*cacao nibs are basically "nature's chocolate chip", or the raw unprocessed form of the cocao bean. If you don't have these, you can use dark chocolate chips. To keep it strictly dairy free, make sure you use vegan ones like Enjoy Life.
*If you want a lighter dessert, without so much protein, you can just use 1/2 a scoop of protein powder, and add less almond milk.