Thursday, April 17, 2014

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie!




This blueberry muffin green smoothie is the perfect all around drink..It's full of protein, antioxidants, greens, and natural sweetness! It's perfect for breakfast or re-fueling after a workout! This was my first time trying dates in smoothies (I see so many people on Instagram do it) and it gave the smoothie such an amazing consistency/sweetness- it was thick and extra creamy and gave it such a nice sweetness that I couldn't even taste a trace of the spinach! I cannot explain how adding just one date transforms this smoothie!!! Dates are often called "nature's caramel" and when you add them to smoothies, it tastes like your enjoying a nice caramel shake (but a very slight one to this smoothie). The cinnamon adds a nice "baked muffin" taste the smoothie, while also adding the cinnamon's benefit of regulating blood sugar!  I try out a lot of smoothie combinations... but this one is a new staple! I hope you enjoy, and let me know if you try it out!

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie

  • 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 large medjool date
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 1 large handful, or cup of spinach
  • 1 scoop of an all natural plant-based protein powder* (I use vanilla Perfect Fit
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk 
Add all your ingredients to you blender and blend away! 

Note:
*add 1 tsp. vanilla extract if you use an unflavored protein
 **Frozen fruit is always best! It makes the smoothie much creamier, plus you don't have to add ice! 

Enjoy!
XoXo, 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment