We all love a bargain. Especially when it comes it to makeup, right?
But when it comes to drugstore makeup, it can be a hit or miss experience. Chalky eyeshadow, flaky mascara, orange bronzer, disco ball glitter... I've seen it all. I have tried my fair share, and by that I mean more than necessary, of drugstore makeup- so I definitely have found some little gems! But I also know what to avoid. For me to truly buy and repurchase something from the drugstore, it has to be just as good as it's high end competitors. That can be hard to fine, but it does exist. All of these products are things I truly love and are some of my holy grail makeup products of all time, drugstore or high end! And to add to it- they're all under 10 dollars!
Whether you're just starting out with makeup and need to start from scratch, or you just want to try something new without spending an arm & a leg- this post is for you. Feel free to print it out and take to the drugstore with you! Think of me as your personal shopper. ;) Let's go over the cream of the crop from every category!
1. Best Pencil Eyeliners:
Rimmel ScandalEyes Eyeliners
In the Shades: Brown, Black and Nude.
- All of these pencils are super pigmented and creamy
- Last on the waterline
- Great color selection
The black is the best black eyeliner I've ever found at the drugstore. It's very comparable to high end brands like Too Faced, Smashbox and Urban Decay, in my opinion. I've repurchased it like five times!
Brown is such a pretty shade. (Never thought I'd say that...) It has a warm dark bronzey tone to it, with a very slight shimmer, so it really brings out the warm colors in my eyes. I think it's a great everyday shade, and looks gorgeous during the summer with a "bronzey" look.
Nude is perfect for applying to the waterline to create an opened, bright-eyed look.
2. Best Liquid Liner: Jordana Fabuliner in Black - $1.99
- This liquid liner is unreal. It's so easy to apply, and doesn't dry out quickly.
- It's the perfect eyeliner to learn how to do winged eyeliner with, because you don't have to spend a ton of money on something your learning how to do! I love that it's just like using a felt tip marker!
3. Best Single Powder Eyeshadow:
Wet n Wild "Brule"
- This is the perfect brow bone highlight shade. It's so pigmented and equivalent in quality to all of my hight end matte creme shades.
- I love that it's so tiny that I can throw it in my makeup bag when I travel with any eyeshdadow palette I take!
- A matte creme eyeshadow is a MUST HAVE in every girl's makeup collection.
4. Best Eyeshadow Shadow Palette:
Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette
5. Best Cream Eyeshadow:
Loreal Infallible Eyeshadows
Favorite Shades: "Bronzed taupe" and "Iced Latte"
6. Best Mascara
Maybelline Full n Soft Waterproof
- My all-time favorite mascara
- Holds a curl, without being harsh like other waterproof formulas
- Not clumpy
7. Best Brow Product
Maybellibe Define-a-Brow Pencil
- This pencil is precise and pigmented just right
- Perfect for creating a crisp edge to the brows
- Comaparable to my favorite Anastasia Brow Whiz and Kevin Aucoin Precision Brow Pencil.
1. Best Nude Lipstick:
Loreal Fairest Nude Lipstick
- This lipstick is one of the most wearable nudes I've ever found- ever.
- It's not too light, not too dark, not too peach, not too pink.
- I can wear it with a smokey eye or a natural eye and it doesn't wash me out!
- The formula of the Loreal lipsticks is just beautiful. It's high end quality- creamy, smooth, moisturizing, and pigmented.
2. Best Nude Lip Gloss:
Rimmel London Stay Glossy in Non Stop Glamour
- Not Sticky
- Sheer shimmery nude
- Layers great over any nude lipstick
3. Best Hot Pink Lipstick:
Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids in Fuscia Flash
- The perfect bright cool pink
- Long wearing
- Makes teeth look whiter
4. Best Pink Lipgloss
NYX Mega Shine in Beige
- Perfect medium, neutral pink
- Not Sticky
5. Best Natural Lip Color
Revlon Berry Smoothie Lip Butter
- Adds a hint of berry color
- Sheer and lightweight
1. Best Drugstore Blushes
I can't pick a fave so I'll do a quick over view....
Berry: Wet n Wild "Heather Silk"
- bright berry-pink
- very pigmented
- beautiful color, flattering on many skin tones
- Great for a natural, flushed look
Shimmery Peachy Pink: Nyx "Pinched"
- Shimmery is finely milled, not chunky
- Dupe for Nars "Orgasm" blush
Shimmery Peach: Milano "Luminoso"
- Creates a summery glow
- Natural looking
- Dupe for Benefit "Coralista" boxed power blush
Matte Warm Baby Pink: Nyx "Peach"
- This is a great everyday color
- Goes with a lot of different looks
- Beautiful natural color
Matte Cool Baby Pink: Sonia Kashuk Blush in Rose
- Flattering cool tone pink
2. Best Bronzer
Rimmel Natural Bronzer (All Shades)
- Nice color range
- Creates a healthy, bronzed look
- Not orange-y or muddy looking
- Waterproof (haven't tested that out...but it does last well!)
3. Best Concealer
Maybelline Fit Me
- Good coverage
- Not Heavy
4. Best Under- Eye Brightener
Maybelline Dream Lumin Touch in Radiance
- Pinky-tone cancels out blueness
- Brightens dark circles
- Also good for highlighting
- Layers well under OR over concealer
5. Best Foundations:
Loreal True Match
- Great foundation for all skin types
- Lots of shades
- Medium coverage
- Smooth finish
Rimmel Stay Matte
- Great for oily skin
- Matte finish
- Long wearing
6. Best Translucent Powder
Rimmel Stay Matte
- This power is great for setting your foundation and getting rid of shine, without adding extra heaviness.
7. Best Powder with Coverage:
Loreal True Match Powder
- This powder is great if you want a little extra coverage over foundation or to wear on it's own for a natural, light coverage.
- I like that it's super silky and leaves the skin looking smooth, not dry.
I hope this post will help you find some new, amazing products at the drugstore! You don't have to spend a fortune to have great beauty products!
Connect With Me!