Friday, October 17, 2014

Makeup Of The Day- Chocolate Bar Smudgy Smokey Eyes



MAKEUP OF THE DAY

Hey everyone! Today I created a smudgy smokey eye using my new Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I'm obsessed with this palette and the possibilities of color combos are endless! I absolutely love this kind of soft smokey eye. It's so flattering and not too over the top- I'm sure you know what I mean...I paired it with a peachy pink cheek and soft nude lip. I plan on doing a video tutorial on this look,  but for now- here's how I got the look: (more pictures below)

EYES:

1. I primed my eyes with Nars Pro-Prime Eyeshadow Primer.

2.  Rimmel Scandal Eyes Pencil Liner in Black

  • Applied to the waterline and upper lash line and smudged out for a smokey effect. 
  • I did eyeliner first so I could soften and blend it with the shadow. This makes it easier to get a soft, blended effect.

  • I first used the cream, white chocolate, all over as a base and highlight color.
  • I used the shimmery champagne,  Marzipan, on the center of the lid.
  •  To create depth, I used the warm shimmery taupe, Hazelnut, on the inner and outer half of the lid. 
  • I used the light matte brown, Salted Caramel in my crease to blend. 
  • I used the dark brown, Triple Fudge, in the outer corner and the outer part of my lower lash line.
  • I also smudged Hazelnut under my eyes, bringing the color pretty far down to created a very smokey look. I used a bit of the shimmery gold on the inner part of the lower lash line- just to keep it from looking to dark.
4. Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte
  • I applied this super shimmery ivory color to my inner corners to brighten and open up my eyes. I love doing this with any look, but I think it especially pulls together a smokey eye.
5. Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof Mascara


FACE:

1. Foundation: Smashbox Studio Skin in 1.2
  • Applied with a Beauty Blender for an air brushed  finish. 
    2.  Concealer: Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer in Light 18

    3. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

  • I only powdered my nose, chin and forehead, where I get extra shiny. I wanted the rest of my face to remain dewy/glowy.
CHEEKS:

1. Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer
  • I used a fluffy tapered brush to lightly contour and add some warmth to my face.
2. Nyx Blush in Peach

  • I love this color for a  light peachy-pink pop on the cheeks.


3. Highlight - Lorac Perfectly Lit Powder in Spotlight

  • This highlighter creates a very soft-focus golden glow.

LIPS:

1. Lipstick Queen Lipstick in St. Bare Nude

  • My current favorite nude lipstick. Not to light. Not too dark. Super moisturizing. 

2. Rimmel Stay Glossy Lipgloss in Non Stop Glamour

  • One of my favorite nude lip glosses! It's a gorgeous golden shimmery gloss that looks so beautiful over any nude lip.

BROWS:

1. Anastasia Brow Whiz Pencil and Brow Powder.
  • I first create the shape with the pencil, then intensify the color with the powder.




No comments:

Post a Comment