Thursday, October 16, 2014

Makeup of the day: Peachy Blues


MAKEUP OF THE DAY

Hey everyone! Today I thought I'd do a quick makeup of the day post! Just a simple break down of the products I used to achieve this look. The shirt and jewelry I wore really inspired the color scheme: peachy tones with a hint of blue (in the eyeliner). I hope you guys enjoy this and let me know if you'd like to see more "makeup of the day" posts! (more pictures below)

EYES:

  • I used the shimmery champagne,  Marzipan, on the lid and a variety of the matte browns in crease for a super simple neutral eye.

2. Winged Eyeliner: Jouer Liquid Shimmer Eye Liner in Fox 
  • This liner is a super dark blue-grey. I love the color because it's just a little softer than using black, and gives a less harsh look. The blue tone in it is so unique. I applied a thick line across the upper lash line, keeping it thin in the inner corner and then winging it out on the outer corner.
3. Nude Eyeliner on Waterliner: Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude
  • I applied the nude eyeliner to my water line to brighten my eyes and make them seem more wide and open.

FACE:


1. Foundation: Smashbox Studio Skin in 1.2
  • Applied with a Beauty Blender for an air brushed  finish. 
    2.  Concealer: Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer in Light 18


    3. Powder: Kevyn Aucoin Powder Foundation
  • I used a powder foundation (instead of a translucent setting powder) to add more coverage. I used it lightly so it wash' t too heavy.

CHEEKS:

1. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

  • I used a fluffy tapered brush to lightly contour and add some warmth to my face.
2. Too Faced Sweet Heart Blush in Peach Beach

  • I love this blush for a glowing cheek look. The color is very subtle, but it adds a beautiful warmth to the complexion.
3. Highlight From the Chocolate Bar Palette

  • For the highlight on my cheekbones, I just used the highlight that's in the chocolate bar palette. I love it- it's a very unique pinky sheen that instantly lights up your face.
LIPS:

1. Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo in Nude No. 3

2. Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Tender

  • These two lip products, layered together, create a really pretty nude-peach lip.

BROWS:

1. Anastasia Brow Whiz Pencil and Brow Powder.







Have a great day! Tag me on Instagram @beautyandbananas and let me know what your makeup looks like today! ;)

XoXo, 
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment