Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Week of Healthy Breakfasts!



It's  true...I do love me some breakfast food! I could eat it all day, everyday.

Tired of plain old oatmeal or a shake for breakfast? Or have no idea how to make a healthy breakfast that actually tastes good? Or fills you up?  

I love to kickstart my day with a good breakfast: with a balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Not everyone is a "big breakfast" eater, but I think it's important to have something to give you energy and kick start your metabolism!

 I've been on an egg scramble and oatmeal kick! And I tend to have "go-to's", but I switch it up a little every day. 

Here's how I started my mornings this week:


1. Oats and Veggie Scramble

This is one of my "repeat breakfasts" that I keep coming back to. A perfect balance of protein and complex carbs. Plus I like how I can pack in ton of veggies in my omelet to get a serving of veggies first thing in the morning! :)



  • 1/2 cup plain oatmeal (sweetened with stevia drops and cinnamon)
  • Egg white veggie scramble (made with 3/4 cup egg whites, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, spinach, cheddar cheese, and topped with organic ketchup)
  • Coffee with almond milk and stevia



2. Eggwhites and Peanut Butter Oatmeal

Exact same as the first! Except... some peanut butter was added to my oatmeal! Nothing better than melty peanut butter on hot oats.
I didn't add cheese to the eggs, since I added peanut butter for my fats. All about that balance. :)




3. Egg White Oats with Berries, Banana & Almond Butter

Adding egg whites to your oatmeal is a great, easy way to add protein. I personally love the taste of them, as long as I sweeten it with some stevia. The egg whites also make the oatmeal super fluffy!



  • Cook 1/2 cup oats in microwave or stove. 
  • Stir in 1/2 cup egg whites (adds protein) when the oats are almost done, and whisk well. Let finish cooking
  • Topped with 1/2 a banana, raspberries, blueberries, and Justin's Maple Almond Butter
  • Coffee with almond milk and stevia


4. Egg White Omelet and Blueberry PB Oatmeal

Been having this type of breakfast quite a but lately... but it's simple, very filling and I love it! Sorry for the repeat... but it's just my favorite at the moment!




  • 1/2 cup oatmeal with blueberries and natural peanut butter
  • 1 egg + 1/2 cup egg whites omelette with spinach and topped with organic ketchup 


5. Egg white Oats with Strawberry, Banana, & Peanut Butter

I love the strawberry-banana combo.. and I tried adding some yogurt on top, and the cold yogurt with hot oatmeal was really good!



  • Egg white Oats (mentioned on #3.)
  • 1/2 a banana and strawberries
  • Peanut Butter
  • Plain Fage greek yogurt 
  • Coffee with almond milk and stevia


6. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Waffle

I was craving a waffle this morning, which lately I've been more in to eggs, but a waffle never disappoints! And chocolate is always a good idea... ;)



Waffle Recipe:
  • 1/3 cup Kodiak Cakes whole wheat protein pancake mix
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1 tsp. dark chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup Tbs. almond milk.
Mix well and cook in waffle maker.
Topped with banana slices and zero calorie, sugar free maple syrup. ( yummy chemicals! haha)



7.  Sweet and Savory Toast!

I couldn't decide if I wanted egg + avocado toast or peanut butter + banana toast, so I made one of each! 




  • 2 pieces of sprouted Ezekiel toast
  • 1 with: Pb2 and 1/2 a banana + honey and cinnamon
  • 1 with: 1/2 an avocado and a sunny side up egg + salt & pepper
  • Coffee with almond milk and stevia


So there ya go! A week of healthy breakfasts! I hope you guys got some new ideas to switch up your morning meal! Eating healthy can be simple and delicious!

XoXo, 
Stephanie


Connect With Me!
♡Instagram:

♡Twitter:

♡CONTACT ME:





No comments:

Post a Comment