Today I have super simple and super delicious fall breakfast recipe! Its a little twist on my normal healthy French toast recipe- Pumpkin Spice. Yes we're all obsessed, but to enjoy the craze of "pumpkin spice everything" you don't have to make an un healthy, super sugary choice! Little changes like using a whole grain bread, stevia instead of sugar, almond milk and egg whites (for a lightened up batter) make this French toast recipe a lot lighter and a lot healthier! But still just as decadent. You won't even be able to tell it has less than half the calories than ordering French toast from iHop! Crazy right?! Watch the video below to see how to make it!
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Splash of almond milk
- Stevia (I used vanilla stevia drops)
- pumpkin pie spice
- 2 slices of bread (I used sprouted grain Ezekiel bread)
- toppings of choice (I used peanut butter)
- maple syrup (I used sugar free)
- Pour egg whites into tupperware
- Add pumpkin, stevia, spices, and almond milk
- Whisk well
- Dip the bread into the “batter”, let it soak for a few seconds, and flip over. Let it soak on the other side
- Place the bread slices on the heated, sprayed pan.
- Cook for a few minutes, or until brown, on each side.
- Place on a plate and slice if you want.
- Top with peanut butter, coconut oil, or butter.
- Add syrup!
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe! Let me know if you try it out!