Saturday, November 9, 2013

Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies (Vegan and Gluten Free!)

Hey guys! Today I made some super easy chocolate chip protein cookies! Make that double chocolate chip... I like to call these the 66 cookies. Why? Because they only only have 6 ingredients and the batch only makes 6 cookies, so you don't have too many cookies sitting around! I made mine vegan and gluten free because of some of the igredients I used, but I do have notes below for subsitiutes that aren't vegan. These cookies are a perfect healthy treat and a packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants and a little sweetness! I was inspired by the recipe from the blog Undressed Skeleton, but just made a few tweaks! I hope you try 'em out!


Ingredients
  • 1 banana
  • 1 scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder*
  • 2 Tbs. ground flaxseed
  • 2 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 Tbs. Pb2**
  • 2 Tbs. dark chocolate chips***
1. Mash banana with protein powder and Pb2
2. Mix in the flaxseeds, chia seeds and chocolate chips
3. Add a little water if you batter is to thick
4. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, and let cool.
* I use Perfect Fit Protein, which is organic, raw,vegan, and gluten free. Make sure to use a vegan protein if you want the cookies to be vegan. If not, that's ok! They'll still be yummy and protein packed, just not vegan.
**Pb2 is a powdered peanut butter, or peanut flour. It has 85% less fat and calories than regular peanut butter. But, if you don't have Pb2 you can you use regular peanut butter.
*** I use the Enjoy Life brand vegan chocolate chips, which are dairy, nut and soy free. You can aslo use regular dark chocolate chips.

Nutrition Facts per cookie:
90 calories, 4 g fat, 11 g carbs, 5 g protein, 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar






Original Recipe from:
http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/post/38097445655#disqus_thread

Tag me in Instagram @beautyandbananas if you try this recipe out!
XoXo, Stephanie 







No comments:

Post a Comment