Vegan Banana Bread
- 1 cup oats (then blended into oat flour)
- 2 scoops any plant-based protein powder (I use Perfect Fit)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 Tbs. ground flax + 6 Tbs. water
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- about 1/2 cup almond milk
- Pre-heat oven at 350
- Mix the flax and water and set aside. It will form a thick, gel like substance that works as an egg-substitute. It will thicken as you get the rest of the ingredients ready, stir occasionly.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, add the flax, and slowly pour in the almond milk until it's a good consistency. It should be a little thick, not too runny.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. (depending if you like it more gooey and moist or a little denser like a cake.)
Nutrition Facts: (I cut the loaf into 8 pieces)
1 piece: 122 calories, 4.5 g fat, 16 g carbs, 7 g protein, 4 g sugar
Enjoy with a nice glass of almond milk or top with some maple almond butter or your favorite peanut butter!