Recently I've been loving this recipe for sweet potato wedges! I love baked sweet potato, it's a staple in my diet- but one night I was craving something a little different. I wanted to create a healthier version of the delicious spicy fries I order at restraunts. These wedges are the perfect balance of crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside, spicy and sweet... I don't have exact measures for this recipe, because sometime I make one serving just for me, or I make a whole batch for my family! But I usually would use one small potato per person or 1/2 a large. The measurements of all the spices are really to your liking. :)
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
You will need:
- sweet potatoes
- coconut oil
- chili powder
- sea salt
- a dash of cinnamon
- cayenne (if you like it hot)
1. Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges.
3. Coat in coconut oil. Toss in a bowl so their evenly coated. Use as little or much as you like. If your coconut oil is solid, microwave it for 30 seconds before you use it. Coconut oil is one of the healthiest fats for you, with amazing healthy benefits. It also adds an amazing flavor to the wedges and crisps up the outside nicely!
4. Add spices and toss the potatoes.
5. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 35-45 minutes.