Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Carrot Cake Protein Bites



Hey guys! Today I have a recipe that I made this week, inspired by my mom's carrot cake birthday cake! It's one of my favorite treats, so I wanted to make a healthier version I could enjoy on an everyday basis. I cannot explain how amazing these turned out, and how much they taste like carrot cake! This is a "no-bake" recipe, so it's super simple and easy to make. These little protein bites are a perfect healthy dessert, pre-workout snack or afternoon pick me up. You can make a batch of them and have them in the fridge for a whole weeks worth of a quick snack!

Carrot Cake Protein Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free)
(makes 1 dozen)
  • 1 cup medjool dates 
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/2 cup vegan vanilla protein powder (I used Arbonne today)
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon,nutmeg, ginger, and cloves)
  • 1/3 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/4 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1/4 cup raisins

1. In a food processor, chop dates until a sticky consistency. (make sures the pits are removed!)
2. Add the almond butter, protein powder, and spices and continue to blend. It should start to form a ball.
3. Now add the shredded carrot and walnuts and blend until they are roughly chopped and combined well, but not too blended. 
4. Add the coconut and raisins and pulse until combined well.
5. Remove blade from the processor, and roll into bite size balls. You can also make them into bars.
5. Sprinkle with extra coconut or a drizzle of melted coconut butter if you want. Enjoy!

XoXo, Stephanie


1 comment: