Who likes brownies?
Ya.. I thought so.
I like brownies too. A lot.
I'm excited to share this recipe with you guys- my healthy, gluten free brownies! I know the words healthy and gluten free don't make brownies sound very appetizing...but these taste like the real deal. I have tried many "healthy" brownie recipes but usually they have a very "healthy" taste...it's fine but it just doesn't taste like a real treat. Ya know? Well, this isn't that kind of recipe. These brownies really are fudgey and moist and sweet. Just like a real brownie. Plus- they're gluten/dairy free and only about 60 calories each! The perfect healthy treat! Here's how to make them:
- 1 scoop MCT Lean Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder
- 2 Tbs. almond flour
- 1/4 coconut flour
- 3 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- *Stevia ( I used about 20 drops of liquid SweetLeaf Stevia)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/4 cup almond milk
*If you don't have stevia, use a natural sweetener like coconut sugar or honey
(Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees)
1. In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients: protein powder, almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and cinnamon
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and stir in the mashed banana and stevia.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture.
4. Stir in almond milk, add more if needed.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Let cool, cut and enjoy!
Nutriton Facts: (for 1 brownie)
2.5 g fat
7.5 g carbs
I hope you guys try out these brownies and enjoy them!
If you do try this recipe tag me on Instagram @beautyandbananas and use the hashtag #beautyfood!