Sweet potatoes are one of my all time favorite foods! They are full of vitamins and betta carotine and are a great complex carb. I like to eat them several ways. I either bake or cube/roast them and either season them sweet or savory. One of my favorite savory ways to enjoy them is roasted and seasoned spicy! They're so much healthier than the spicy sweet potato fries you order when you go out, but just as much flavor!
Spicy Cumin Sweet Potatoes:
(2-5 servings depending on size of potatoes)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbs. coconut Oil
- 1 tbs. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees
- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes or wedges and place into a baking pan.
- Add spoonful of coconut oil, and mix potatoes so they are evenly coated.
- Add spices and toss the potatoes
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- Enjoy with a protein and veggie and you have a great simple meal!
If you try out this recipe let me know by tagging me on Instagram!