Thursday, December 10, 2015

WINTER SKIN ESSENTIALS



Winter skin. Ugh... nobody likes it. We all know when the colder months roll around, our skin starts to get dehydrated and look lackluster. Keeping skin moisturized is not just about the face- don't forget your hands, nails, cuties, body and lips too! Today I'm sharing some of my favorite products to keep your skin smooth and hydrated as well as a couple of makeup helpers that will keep your makeup looking glowy even in the winter! (click the names of products to shop!)

Let's start with all kinds of moisturizers!

1. Goldfaden Wake Up Call
This creamy moisturizer redefines the skin’s texture overnight, leaving you with luminous, plump and more youthful-looking skin. It can be used day or night, especially for dryer skin in the winter months. It's intended for "aging" skin... but hey I like it so I use it lol. Powerful ingredients such as CoQ10, DMAE, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Retinol, and Organic Red Tea help to renew skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines, while nourishing and restorative vitamin E, Avocado and Grapeseed Oils deliver intense hydration and long-lasting skin soothing benefits. I love this because I can actually feel the moisture of the avocado oil on my skin. I love Goldfaden because all of their products are natural, dermatologist approved, paraben free, and cruelty free.

2. Goldfaden Hands to Heart 
This hand treatment is a true multi-tasker. Developed to address the unique needs of the hands, this rich, yet fast-absorbing cream helps fade dark spots and reduces the appearance of fine lines while instantly smoothing and plumping skin. Often people forget about the hands- and see signs of aging there first! Breakthrough anti-aging ingredients CoQ10, niacinimide, glucosamine and retinol along with potent hyaluronic acid work to provide skin with a more youthful appearance leaving hands nourished, protected and supple. I have always struggles with dry, cracked hands in the winter because of golf- and I can honestly say this is the only hand cream that has made a noticeable and lasting difference in my hands.

 3. DermWorx MoistureWorx Cuticle Treatment
I have a whole post just on this product, so I'll just cover it quickly- but this cuticle treatment has helped my nails and cuticles look so much healthier! Along with my dry hands, I used to get terrible hang nails because they were so cracked! Now that I've been using it every night, for a couple of months- my nails look just as fresh as when I get them done at the salon as they do two weeks later. I've been so into fun nails lately that I want them to look good! It includes Keratin Protein to strengthen and fortify nails, beeswax and shea butter to hydrate and condition rough, dry cuticles
 and petrolatum and vitamins A, C & E to protect against drying and irritating environmental factors.


4. Bliss Body Butter - Lemon & Sage 
This has been my favorite body butter/lotion for years, ever since my mom picked it up from Sephora. Now, I buy my own but when I was younger I would sneak into her bathroom and use it! I also love that it's paraben free! If I'm putting something all over my body, I do not want it to be full of harmful paragons and chemicals. Also- the scent. OMG the scent. It's so refreshing!


5. Coconut Oil 
The purest moisturizer out there! One jar of coconut oil is usually only about $10, and it will last you forever! I use coconut oil for cooking, but it works great as a body moisturizer too. You can also use it sparingly on the face as an overnight moisturizer, as makeup remover, and even as a replacement for shaving cream. Find it at any grocery store.

Let's Talk Lips! - keep your lips soft, smooth, and ready for lip color! No dry and flaky lips are aloud over here. (insert the emoji with her arms crossed.)

6. Ilia Balmy Nights Lip Exfoliator
Have you ever tried a lip scrub in a stick form? You should. It makes it so easy to get soft and smooth lips. Organic ingredients blended with tiny granules of volcanic stone powder (I know- sounds legit right? lol) gently exfoliate your lips leaving a smooth even surface ready for lipstick. ;) Follow up with a conditioner of your choice to seal in moisture. I love Ilia Balmy Days, as well.


7. Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer                                                                                               There a few good lip conditioners I really like on the market, but the one I reach for the most and keep in my bag is the Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer. I like that it doubles a lip treatment and a cleat gloss, so it gives my lips a little shine a fullness over any lip color. Maxi-Lip™, an ingredient clinically proven to help naturally increase the fullness of your lips while decreasing fine lines. This ultra-rich lip moisturizer contains Vitamin E, Shea Butter, and Jojoba Oil to protect lips from environmentally damaging elements while providing lasting hydration. Jouer recommends- for optimum results, apply 3 times a day for 29 days. It also serves well as an overnight lip night treatment!

Makeup Helpers! - These are the "behind the scenes" or "undercover" products as I like to call them. No one knows they're there but they make a huge difference in how you makeup looks on your skin.

8. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Liquid
I rave about Becca highlighting products all the time, but the liquid shimmering skin perfecter is especially great to mix with your foundation for a more glowy complexion. My skin tend to look dull during the winter so a liquid illuminator is an instant fix! Simply mix 1 pump of shimmering skin perfecter into your foundation (mix on back of hand), apply to face and blend.


9. Smashbox Photofinish Primer Water
The primer water can be sprayed on the skin before, during or after makeup application. I like it best for a finishing spray after I've applied my makeup to get rid of any dry or cakey finish. It helps my skin look more hydrated and natural- making the making "melt" into my skin, rather than just sit on the surface.


I hope these products help you keep your skin and lips soft and smooth this winter!
Let me know if you try any of them out! Don't forger to keep up with VLOGMAS over on my YouTube channel. ;)
xoxo,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment